The warranty and return policy for all products we sell is determined by the original equipment manufacturer and or product vendor. All products sold by The Fastener Group affiliate member locations are warranted as per the manufacturer’s or supplier’s warranty and is warrantied by their individual warranty policies. Products are typically warranted against defects in workmanship or materials in accordance with the individual manufacturer’s warranty policy. Manufacturers of certain products, such as fasteners, do not provide a warranty period. Any part which is determined by The Fastener Group or an affiliate member location, to be defective in material or workmanship and returned to The Fastener Group affiliate member location, shipping costs prepaid, will be repaired or replaced, at The Fastener Group affiliate member location's sole option, as the Buyer’s exclusive remedy. Incorrect use of a product does not constitute a warranty or replacement situation. A Return Goods Authorization is REQUIRED prior to forwarding product claimed to be defective for further action. Product sent to any location without an RGA will be returned collect to the sender. Examples of incorrect product usage are:
- Using a hammer on material harder than the temper of the hammer. Hammer heads are normally tempered to Rockwell Hardness Factor 59. Some concrete nail products are harder then 59
- Using a level as a pry bar. When this happens, it is very easy to see that this mis-use of the level has occurred
- Health hazard caused by the incorrect use of a respirator, ie: dust mask, partical mask, vapour mask
- Injury due to the incorrect application of safety devices, such as a non-rated hard hat
- Damaged screwdriver incorrectly used as a chisel or pry bar
The Fastener Group affiliate member location has made a diligent effort to illustrate and describe the products in its on-line stores accurately; however, such illustrations and descriptions are for the sole purpose of identification, and do not express or imply a warranty or condition that the products are sold for , nor is their implied a specific statement that the products will necessarily conform to the illustrations or descriptions. The products are sold on an “as is, where is” basis, and no warranty or condition or affirmation of fact, express or implied is made or authorized by The Fastener Group affiliate member location . Any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, legal, statutory, conventional or otherwise with respect to the products, whether pursuant to the Sale of Goods Act of any province or otherwise, are hereby expressly excluded and disclaimed.
Limitation of Liability
Any liability for indirect, consequential or incidental damages is expressly disclaimed by The Fastener Group affiliate member location. The Fastener Group affiliate member location’s liability in all events for all damages, losses and causes of action shall be limited to, and shall not exceed, the purchase price paid for the products in question, and a proof of purchase is required.
Collection of Information
It is not the intention for members of The Fastener Group to collect information from anyone who finds themselves on our website or on-line stores. Information that is normally collected by either the browser or by such programs as a the search engine within our website, is used specifically for the intent on improving our service level to our customers. Information such as cookies, is regularly dumped to protect our site from information gatherers. We do not collect I.P. addresses or email addresses. Email addresses provided to us for the purpose of correspondence, will be kept for the duration of the correspondence only. If a business relationship develops to a full time business partnership, such information may be maintained, but only outside of the website and will not be generally available to anyone and will specifically not be available through the website.
On Line Store
If a customer of The Fastener Group is set up to purchcase through our on-line store initiative, or is part of our Customer monitoring their own information as gathered by our accounting system, any information that can be reviewed on-line is protected by firewall and a secure internet connection and cannot be seen or compiled by an individual or company other than the customer. Once the customer logs off the secure site, all active information is dumped during the log off procedure. We are adamant in the protection of our customer's private information and will go to any lengths to ensure that privacy. If you have any concerns, you are advised to contact the system administrator
and convey your concerns for review and tentative action.
If a customer purchases an item, the following rules will apply in the case of our RETURN POLICY (which also complies with our ISO Program).
- Special Order Products are not subject to return for any reason without prior management approval,
- The item the customer wishes to return must not have been used and is in new condition,
- Any potential return must be initiated within 90 days from date of purchase and proof of purchase is required from the customer,
- Should a return be authorized, the goods must be returned in it's original packaging,
- Any approved return MUST be accompanied by our Return Goods Authorization as forwarded to the customer
- Depending on circumstance which will be determined at the time of request, the customer may be liable for restocking charges and/or freight charges
- The Vendor/manufactuer's warranty applies in all events as the primary warranty policy, while the secondary policy is applied by Calgary Fasteners & Tools Ltd under our ISO program
- A copy of this policy will accompany every shipment made from this location
- In the case of an approved return, it will be inspected by the vendor/manufacturer representative as part of the determination process,
- If the return request is in a negative form, the customer will be given contact information so he is able to continue his return request through arbitration.